Saturday, October 22, 2011

This Is Truly Riveting

Because I have some time and since I'm feeling rather spunky, I thought I'd share a bit of life with you just for kicks and giggles.  This burst of writer's enthusiasm comes on the heels of reading a rather fun(ny) blog where the author actually used the phrase kicks and giggles, and I just knew I HAD to use that phrase too.  And the word riveted.  Don't ya just love that word?  So, be excited.  The use of that word could come at any moment.  Be looking for it.

Anyhoo, back to life sharing with ya.  I've been on hiatus from the blog since this past week has been one of those weeks.  So, just so you'll know what those actually means, here is what's been goin' on 'round hea'.  Monday, I cleaned the house.  This was monumental since a strange lookin' forest was growing in our toilets, and I'm pretty sure my husband was writing obscenities with his finger in the thick dust on our furniture.  Tuesday, I had a Bible study/Book Club at my house.  This was truly a highlight of the week.  One of my friends stayed after to give me my very first sewing lesson.  I've never been more excited to make cloth napkins seeing how my family won't even know what to do with them once they're made.  They've only seen the white disposable ones 'round hea'.  Wednesday was a ball o' fun as I tackled the laundry and balanced the checkbook.  (I know so far you find this all so...well...quite riveting.  Whoop, there it is!)  Thursday, hang on to your seats, yaw, but I spent the day with the cable guy.  This was truly the highlight of my week since every time he bent down to work on our TV, I had an overwhelming urge to yell at the top of my lungs, SAY NO TO CRACK!  (Let me pause here for those who need a few extra moments to let that last sentence soak in.)  Stay with me, people.  This is real life stuff, here.  Seriously, I can't even make this stuff up if I wanted to.  Friday was a half-day for my first-born.  He got to witness me go off on a Walgreen's employee only to have to witness me have to apologize to her later for my rude-ness.  Nothing like a big ol' piece of Humble Pie.  And the highlight of all highlights happened Friday evening.  I was enjoying a lovely evening outside with the fam when lo and behold!  A Britney Spears song came on the radio.  To say I got my groove on is really puttin' it lightly, people.  I mean...I was shakin' my tail feather.  My 4-year-old was riding his bike and he pulled up right next to me and said, "Mom, I don't like what you're doing.  It weirds me out."

And that's all I got, friends.  I'm sure you all feel lots of smartness after reading all dat.  So, feel free to go and change the world now that you've been inspired.  I hope this clears up any concerns you might have had for my absence last week.  I hope to be back in the game this week.  (And the whole world just had a collective sigh of relief.)

Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment