I wonder what it would take for us women to stop hurting each other so much. I wonder what would happen if we all just decided we'd had enough and instead of looking for ways to harm one another, we'd start looking for ways to lift one another up. I don't know about you, but whenever I participate in gossip even with my own husband, I always feel terrible afterwards. I hate how being mean makes me feel about myself. And I hate even more how much I disappoint my God. Next time when you're tempted to...
1. walk past someone you know without speaking, make eye contact and offer a smile at the very least even and ESPECIALLY if you don't feel like it. (CAN WE PLEASE STOP LETTING OUR "FEELINGS" DICTATE OUR ACTIONS?!)
2. gossip, just stop and just don't. It's wrong. It's sinful. It hurts.
3. retaliate, pray first. This isn't God's style. And if you are a child of God, then it shouldn't be your style either.
4. give someone a piece of your mind, think before you speak. Our words are our biggest weapon. We have the power to build up or cut down in just a matter of seconds.
5. show your tail, stop and remind yourself about the example you are setting. Do you really think today's junior high girls invented gossip?! They learned from someone...YOU and ME.
Today's lesson...mean girls stink!! Don't be a mean girl!! Let's be who Jesus created us to be. If you don't know what that looks like, just ask Him. He'll show you. Join me, please. I want to make my Father proud. If you need a friend because all of yours are just plain mean, let me know. I would be honored to call you friend.
Saturday, September 3, 2011
Every now and then I come across a book that is so good I want the whole world to know about it. And I want everyone I know to read it. Then, I have fantasies on us all getting together in true Book Club fashion spending hours talking about "this" book that has totally rocked our worlds. Because it's just THAT good. Well, friends, I am reading one of "those" books...again. It's called "Grace for the Good Girl" by Emily P. Freeman. If you are a reader and/or are intrigued by the title, please stop by this author's website and view the promo on her new book. There is also a place for you to sign up to win a free copy. Go to her website by clicking...
Happy Reading, y'all!!
Happy Reading, y'all!!
Posted by Lindsey at 8:50 AM