Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 28 - 31 Goal Met...Sort Of

Well, I ventured out on a limb hoping to take a few moments each day during the month of October and write on my blog.  It didn't work out exactly like that, but I sure was able to write more than I have before.  And I really enjoyed it.  For my final post of the month, I have a ton I could write about.  So much has happened over the last few days of this month, but I think I will camp out on this...

Human nature is a funny thing.  You think ya know someone until they do something that absolutely throws you into a tailspin.  Human emotions are another funny thing.  We as humans experience such a wide range of emotions.  And anything can trigger one or more of these emotions.  And while I like to blame others for hurting me and blame circumstances for bringing negative emotions into my mind and heart, it's really all the work of the devil himself.  He manipulates and micro-manages every aspect of our life in hopes of bringing us down for one very specific reason...to defame and taint the glorious name of Jesus.  He does everything he can to keep us from giving honor and credit to God.  He would also like to see us have nothing to do with God in our own lives so when we start to get closer to Jesus, he kicks it up a notch or two.

I couldn't have been reminded of this more over the course of this past weekend.  There were times I was staring the enemy straight in the face.  And there was a situation that occurred where it seemed he, the enemy, won the battle.  Life is a story.  And just like with all stories, there is an ending.  And as a follower of Christ, I already know the ending.  My God wins.  The enemy will be destroyed forever and I'll get to spend eternity in the presence of God.  Just THAT in and of itself is worth the fight.  In the meantime, I will strive to keep my mind on things above, not on earthly things.  For this life is temporary.  And all hurt and sadness is momentary.  Each moment that brings us hurt and pain is actually achieving for us a goal of eternal glory that makes every hardship worth the challenge.  So, today, I will fix my eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.  For what is unseen is eternal.  And that, my friends, is what I want...eternity with my Jesus.

SATAN THE BLOOD OF JESUS IS AGAINST YOU.  WHEN WE GIVE GOD ALL THE GLORY HE GIVES US THE VICTORY.

No comments:

Post a Comment