Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 8 - Saturday, October 8, 2011 - S.A.T.U.R.D.A.Y.

It's Saturday and my brain is officially on vaca.  As I struggled this morning with what to write about, the Lord reminded me that it is totally okay to take a day to simply...chill. the. heck. out.  And that's what I'm choosing to do today.  Hallelujah and bless God for setting me free to enjoy spending a little extra time in my pj's, to letting me be okay with the kids fixing their own pop tart breakfast, to enjoy an extra cup of coffee, and to soak up the sweetness that comes with spending a Saturday morning surrounded by my family.  As women, we feel guilty sometimes when we don't feel up every second with something that involves, cleaning, wiping, or cooking.  I believe the enemy loves to see us fill up our time with "stuff" just so that we don't spend time with our family, don't invest into the life of a dear friend, and his personal favorite, we don't pray or read God's Word.  Today, I'm going to enjoy my family.  And if the kitchen gets messy or the laundry piles up, it won't matter.  Thank you, Father, for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment