Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 11 - Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - It's 5:00 Somewhere

It is 4:55 p.m. at my house which only means one thing.  I. Am. Exhausted.  We just finished two rounds of homework (1 round/kid).  We still have a football game to attend.  And I have no idea what I'm going to do about supper.  So, whatta ya do?!  Does anybody else have a hard time with this time of the day?  I pray I'm not the only one who seriously considers eating my young as 5:00 approaches.  It's something about this time of day that seems to bring out the worst in me and my kids.  Patience is gone.  Kids are hungry.  Baby is crying.  Cooking dinner seems like an inconceivable task.  Blah blah blah, right?  And then I remember what HE says.  "My grace is sufficient for you.  For my power is made perfect in weakness."  It is upon that realization that I can let go of the rope, loosen my jaw, put a smile on my face, and take things one moment at a time.  God's grace truly does amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment