Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 2 - Sunday, October 2, 2011 - Fame

The American Dream is deceptive.  For those of us born into this country, we've forever been encouraged to pursue the American Dream.  That if you want it bad enough, you can have it.  But for those of us who have spent a large portion of our lives pursuing that dream, we still come out feeling empty.  The Dream deceives us each time.  It never delivers what it promises.  I've realized only recently that I've been chasing after the wrong dream.  We were created for something greater.  And each one of us, at conception, was given a very specific task, a purpose.  We are to spend our lives fulfilling that purpose and the purpose does not include gaining wealth or notoriety.  It does include fame, though.  Not fame for ourselves but fame for the One who created us and gave us our individual objective.  My purpose is to make Jesus' name famous.  I don't have a business plan that outlines how to do that step by step.  Each day, I surrender my soul to Him and ask Him to show me the way to fame.  His fame.  Making His name known.  "Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature." -Mark 16:15

No comments:

Post a Comment