Monday, June 11, 2012

Happy Wife, Happy Life, Happy Home

I am totally stealing this idea from Pinterest.  I read another woman's blog who did the same thing I'm about to do, and I found it inspiring.  So here it is...

I've been blessed to have several key women invest into my life and give me some of the best advice around.  I thought I'd share with you, because I believe the following five tidbits lead to a happy wife, happy life, happy home.  Enjoy...

1.  If you're like me, clean laundry is impossible to keep.  If you'll take the time to wash, dry, fold and put away one entire load of laundry a day, the task seems bearable.  Doing it this way has helped me stay on top of this necessary evil.

2.  When picking your children up from school in the car line, do your best to be off of your cell phone when they get into your vehicle.  I find this a great time to tell them how much you've missed them and find out about their day.  You trying to do that while talking on your phone just doesn't quite deliver the message you want them to have.

3.  I have also found it quite helpful to have a light snack for my kids in the car once I pick them up in car line at school.  You remember what it was like to come home from school starving.  This will minimize the harassment for food prior to dinnertime.

4.  I always seem to rest better when I know everything has been put away in its place before bedtime.  It's helpful for all the dishes to be put away out of the sink and for any clutter of the day to be put away in its place.  I even have the kids put their toys away before bed.

5.  I'm only 34 and I already have trouble sleeping at night.  I have found it quite helpful to keep the same bedtime and wake up time everyday.  What's even more helpful is when I get up early enough to exercise and spend some quality, uninterrupted time with the Lord.

These are all things other women have suggested to me, and I have found them quite helpful.  The thing is I NEVER have a week where I do each thing exactly the way I explained it everyday.  I'm not Superwoman, ya know?!  But with my OCD and constant need for structure, this creature of habit enjoys the order and sense of accomplishment these five pieces of advice bring.

What about you?  Any words of wisdom you've got to share with the rest of us?
Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment