Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Digging Myself Out. Almost There!

Dear Bloggy Friends,
I know my posts around this here ol' blog have been less than light-hearted.  I realize this.  In fact, if you've been in your own state of funk, reading this here ol' blog has prolly been a real drag for ya.  And for that, I apologize.

The truth is I have been ransacking my brain for something funny, for something positive, for something encouraging and inspiring to share with you.  And for whatever reason, I find myself at a loss.  This means only one of two things...
1.  I have wallowed around so deeply in my own bed of despair that to come up with any hopeful words to share is impossible OR
2.  It's just not the appropriate time to write with humor or sarcasm.

And by appropriate time, I mean the Lord just hasn't given me the words these days.  I sure hope my writer's block can be attributed to the second rather than the first.

My purpose in writing this post is to let you know that I do not plan to stay in this sad place very long.  In fact, if that happens, I'm quite sure it will be the death of me.  For now, I'm allowing grief to do its thing, and I'm fighting through some of the surprising elements it has brought  along the way.

I am certain the Lord has lined up our circumstances in this precise order for a reason.  As we journey through the grieving process, I have found myself less than thrilled with my bouts of insecurity, loneliness, sadness, and new-found fears and frustrations.  But to focus on those is to focus on myself, and I've spent too many years of my life doing that already.

Please be patient with me as I'm slowly digging myself out.  I'm almost there!

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." -Lamentations 3:22-23

Bless the Lord,
Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment