Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Benadryl, My New Love

I think I mentioned in yesterday's post about my (not-so) little sleeping problem.  This has become a pretty big deal to me, because anyone who knows me knows that sleeping, to me, is a hobby.  I love sleeping.  Truly and verily.  

So to remedy the problem, I've tried...well...all sorts of things.

First, I took Tylenol PM.  This worked but I had to take it every night and since I don't have a headache every night, I thought the idea of taking Tylenol that often was not smart.  Second, I moved to Unisom.  This definitely worked, but unfortunately Unisom doesn't know when it's the start of a new day and momma has to function and be nice to 3 kids and what not. Third and finally, I took (take) Benadryl.  This has been the best fit so far, because I sleep well, am alert the next day, and it has helped with my minor allergy issues.  Bonus!

Yet!  I must say every good thing has a dark side (unless it's Jesus).  Taking Benadryl works but lemme just tell ya...my dreams have been WHACK, yaw.  Like the other night, I kept having this reoccurring dream where I needed to fill out paperwork for my bank, but they kept giving me the wrong paperwork and when I finally got the correct paperwork, I didn't understand how to properly fill it out.  OK, maybe this actually happened.

But last night, I made a colossal mistake.  As the hubs and I were casually watching television before it was time to turn off the lights for bed, he "just so happened" to turn the station to the movie Titanic.  Oh yes he did!  And could I turn away with Leonardo DiCaprio staring me in the face wanting to draw pictures of me while I'm only wearing a blue diamond necklace?  I think not.

(I mean who thinks of this stuff?!  It's sick, truly.)

So, after watching one of the most depressing events in history and bawling my eyes out to Celine singing The Heart Can Go On, I finally turned everything off and climbed into bed.  And since I so smartly set the stage for a great night of sweet dreams after a viewing of the Titanic, you can imagine how unnerved I was only to be woken up by what I thought was the 2nd coming of Christ.  We had a storm blow into our neck of the woods that produced such vicious lightening, that each time it thundered I waited for the trumpets to sound and the angels to shout Behold He Comes Riding On The Clouds!  It was something, folks.

Needless to say, I've had more restful nights than the last which is why I'm writing this completely pointless blog post today.  I'm hoping this will keep me awake long enough to avoid the urge to catnap while the house is finally quiet.  To nap would only mess up the little bit of sleep I'll actually get tonight thanks to Benadryl. 

Whew!  If you made it this far, you won't need Benadryl or Unisom or anything for that matter.  You can just read this again later and it'll do the trick.

Thanks for taking this journey with me, friends.  Blessings to you and yours.
Linds 

1 comment:

  1. OK. This is hysterical. I loved it. Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete