Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Houston Mishap

Hold the phone, y'all!  I can't believe what I have done...or better yet, what I didn't do.  Over the weekend my sister, my mom, my dear friend, and my mom's great friend all piled in the mini van and drove to Houston to hear our favorite Bible teacher Beth Moore.  It was a total blast.  We heard from the Lord through Beth's teaching of the Holy Scrips.  We danced for Jesus through powerful worship led by Travis Cottrell.  And on Friday night, I missed a golden opportunity.  Truly, I can't believe I did this.

As we were all hanging out in the lobby getting ready to leave my sister struck up a conversation with a sweet young lady.  I recognized her from the praise band and casually spoke through my Southern smile and then walked right out the door never to give my interaction with this woman a single thought.  Until today.  I was reading Beth Moore's blog...a brand new entry was posted specifically about the events of the weekend.  Several pictures were displayed and as I looked through each one, I saw a picture of this same woman I had a brief conversation with in the lobby of First Baptist Houston.  Are y'all ready for this?  It was Angela Cottrell...Travis' wife!!!  I had no idea!! 

But ya know?  It's probably a good thing it turned out the way it did.  She's just another person in the world....just as precious as some of my favorite people around here in my neck of the woods.  But if I just would've known, this is probably what I would've said.

"Angela, it is a true honor to meet you and this is why...during a very dark time in my life, the Lord used the music ministry of your dear husband to heal my broken heart.  I can't tell you how many times I ran to the Mercyseat with tears rolling down my face overwhelmed by God's grace, love and forgiveness.  I listen to his CD all of the time and while I know he's just a regular ol' guy, I am reminded that God uses us all.  God even uses me.  Just know how much you and your family mean to so many."

God is so faithful!  He really uses us all...or certainly wants to use us all.  During times in my life, I've certainly felt more used up than use-able.  But because of the ministries of people like Travis Cottrell and Beth Moore, I've learned that God has a purpose for me.  I am a Princess Warrior (thank you Beth Moore's study on Esther) and Jesus is my Source of Security, Strength and Dignity (thank you Beth Moore's So Long Insecurity).  And because of the sacrifice made on the cross, I have full access to the throne of God and I can run to the Mercyseat anytime I need to (thank you Travis Cottrell).  Let's not forget, too, that until He returns or calls us home, hear in the power of Christ we'll stand (sing it, Travis)!

But most and best of all, thank you Jesus.  Thank you.  Thank you.  And until you call me home, with the help that only comes from You, I'll keep pressing on.  I'll just keep right on...

Loving others for Jesus
Serving others for Jesus
Learning more for Jesus
Singing to and for Jesus
Being a wife to B for Jesus
Being a mom to W, E & F for Jesus
Taking care of my body for Jesus

And my newest hobby...couponing for Jesus.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer." -Psalm 19:14 (NLT)

And I am sooooo redeemed, y'all! So!
Linds

3 comments:

  1. You know the Lord will be so proud of your bargains! Loved the post! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post Linda. I talked to Angela in the elevator at the Omni on Saturday morning. Had no idea who was in the elevator with us (Travis was there too!) until afterwards when my daughter said, "Mom, that was Travis." Silly me. Wasn't it just the most blessed weekend! Can't wait until next time. Thanks for sharing! Shawna

    ReplyDelete