Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Tribute To My Baby Daddy

Oh sure, I could have gone and spent 4 or 5 dollars on a sappy Father's Day card for my husband.  But it seemed more appropriate (and frankly, more fun) for me to compose a few thoughts of why I love this man so much, and how incredibly thankful I am to him for being my baby daddy.  This is dedicated to the one I love.

BWC, I sure do love you.  Oh yes, I most certainly do.  There are many things I love about you, but the thing I love the most is your ability to make me laugh like no other person on the planet.  And just for the public's pure enjoyment, I'd like to share three of my all time favorite moments of life with BWC...

#1  Once upon a time, in the days of old, before kids were even a consideration, and Saturday mornings were a golden opportunity to sleep until noon, BWC thought it'd be sweet to rise and shine, throw on his bath robe, and head to the Mickey D's to pick us up some breakfast.  As he pulled up to the window to pay and collect his order, he was greeted with one of the most endearing phrases ever known to man.  It was so sweet, that we still use it to this day when speaking to one another.  The absolutely precious McDonald's female employee noticed BWC's apparel and said, and I quote, "Well shuga, you in yo' robe."  And that is why BWC is not allowed to wear his robe out in public anymore.

#2  A very pregnant yours truly had (FINALLY) fallen asleep one night several years ago.  I was carrying our first-born child and had gotten to the stage of pregnancy where no position is ever comfortable... not to stand, not to sit, not to lie.  And just like that, a modern-day miracle occurred and I had actually fallen asleep in my big ol' fat pregnant state.  You can imagine my horror when a cough deeply-rooted into my chest made its way to the surface only to come out of my mouth at an alarming level of sound.  Poor ol' BWC had just dosed off and as this very loud and very obnoxious cough made its way out, BWC shot straight up out of bed, yelled loudly, and I quote, "WHERE IS THE BEAR."  We still laugh about it to this day.

#3  Before Jesus really got a hold of our lives, we had a very short run with some very bad decisions.  And although this stage of life is a bit foggy, I vaguely remember BWC and I taking a trip to Vegas.  Just our mere destination goes without explaining why the memories are if-ey.  I do remember us being in the lobby of our hotel waiting to meet some friends for dinner.  A few folks in our group had already made their way into the lobby and as we were small talking, I noticed a very attractive woman talking to BWC.  No big deal, right?  I mean...BWC is easy on the eyes, if you ask me.  So, I didn't give it much concern as they continued their conversation.  Shortly after their initial words, this woman (did I mention she was pretty) nodded her head and walked away.  And at exactly the same time, BWC's and my eyes met and he said to me across the lobby with great enthusiasm, and I quote, "I just got solicited for sex.  Yea baby, I still got it."  That's wonderful, honey.  No really...just wonderful.

Bloggey friends, I could totally keep going.  I mean, I've got stories like this for days, I really do.  But I just wanted to offer you all a small taste of what it's like to live with this incredible man.  I have always prayed for my husband as long as I can remember.  My mom explained to me at an early age that the Lord had already decided who my husband would be, and it would be very wise of me to pray for him as often as I could.  And y'all, I wish I knew how many prayers were offered up on behalf of BWC even way before I ever laid my eyes on him. 

It is true...he is an amazing husband and the best daddy a kid could ever hope for.  But truth be told, the thing that most attracts me to him...the thing that gets my motor running for this man every single time is...his deep and infectious love for Jesus.  He leads our home in a way I never would have imagined.  He inspires us all to love the Lord with our lives.  Not to just love Jesus with our words and our thoughts, but with our actions.  He leads by example...loving others with the love of Christ, devoting his own time and effort to leading others to Jesus through the ministry of his job and various hobbies.  Not only does BWC know Jesus personally, but he lives out the purposes of Jesus Christ every single day.  He's funny.  He's smart.  He's my man, but he's also my brother in Christ.  Seriously, what more could a girl want?

BWC, I love you.  Happy Father's Day.  You are, hands-down, my most favorite.
Love,
Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment