Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Because I Love Him...

Because we're humans, it's inevitable that sooner or later somebody is gonna get on our nerves.  I'm gonna get on your nerves.  You may even get on my nerves.  Heck, I get on my own nerves.  And I get it...I get that we Christians can be annoying...what with all our Scripture quoting and Jesus lovin' and church this and that.  But when it comes down to it, at least I can say this for me, there is one very big reason why I am all sold out to this Jesus stuff.  And this is why...

Because I love Him.

That's it.  I really, really love the guy.  Like...I am head over heels...cuckoo for cocoa puffs...crazy in love with Jesus.  This is why I say what I say, do what I do, and feel like I feel.  Because I LOVE HIM!

And I want so much for people to love Him, too.  I pray that along the way folks will figure out just how much Jesus loves them.  It is, indeed, a process, but it begins simply with a willingness to accept the idea that God's Son came to this earth, lived a life of love and mercy, died, and then came back to life.  He did this to prove His love to this world so that we would accept His love, live our lives based on that love, and then spend eternity in the presence of His love.

No one gets that this concept is hard to grasp better than I do.  When you throw in the fact that life happens and life hurts, accepting this gift of Jesus can become a little too far fetched.  BUT...I can vouch for when life got the most painful for me, when people I loved hurt me, when everything I did in my life screamed anything but holy, Jesus was there.  He was there for me, and He is the reason why I know how to love.  Because He first loved me.

So, when I may over-post on Facebook with my Holy Scriptures, with my convicting quotes from Christian authors, with my lyrics from Christian songs...try to understand those decisions are made based on one simple fact...

I love Jesus.

And I want you to love Him, too.  He sure loves you. 

**This post was inspired after hearing Chonda Pierce's testimony at one of her events recently.  If you get the chance to hear her speak, don't miss it.  It will be worth your time and effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment