Tuesday, November 15, 2011

In Daddy's Lap

When I was a girl the safest place in the entire world was in my daddy's lap.  I knew that while in his lap, nothing could get me, nothing could hurt me, nothing could touch me.  I cried a lot of tears in my daddy's lap, but I also laughed a lot of laughs.  My daddy loved me, and I knew that because he made me feel cherished.  Life happens to people, ya know?  And when life gets tainted by the works of the enemy, those sweet moments of being in daddy's lap become distant memories.  Distant enough where I almost question if they ever even happened in the first place.

As an adult, I became keenly aware of the importance of God's presence in my life.  When I became a mother, my level of need and dependency deepened to a depth I never knew existed.  I was so grateful for that realization, because I came to love Jesus so much and started to learn how to receive the love He had for me.  My earthly father is no longer a part of my life.  But my Heavenly Daddy, Jesus, has become my life.  And as mystical as this sounds, my most favorite moments in my journey with the Lord have been the times when Abba God has allowed me to climb in His lap.  It is in His lap where I am reminded of the love, the safety, and the security that comes with abiding in Him.  Not only is in His lap the safest place for me, His daughter, to be.  It is my most favorite place to be.

Dear Jesus,
I sure love this life you've given me.  And I'm sure not in a hurry to see it end.  But oh, how I long for the day when I see you face-to-face.  How I can't wait for you to motion over to me to come and climb in your lap.  This girl of yours is going to run to you.  I'm going to run and jump up in your lap, Father.  And it will be in that moment, the moment where I feel your heartbeat, the moment where I get to lay back and breathe against your chest.  It will be in that moment when I know that you had this divine appointment scheduled for the two of us all along.  I love you, Jesus.
Linds

2 comments:

  1. Do you think I can share His lap with you? Surely the best place for sisters to be together is together is His big ole lap. Thanks for that. I needed it. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Will share it with my hubby and dad for sure. Thanks for the blessing!

    ReplyDelete