Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My Life Lately

My thoughts on life lately...

1.  Summer is nearly over.  My oldest starts 2nd grade on Friday.  My middle child starts Kindergarten in a week.  My baby is nearly 14 months old.  I. Am. Depressed.

2.  I've been surfing some serious waves of emotion.  Some high.  Some low.  Some exhilarating.  Some frightening.  One thing is certain - I am still alive and have gleaned so much.

3.  Football season is quickly upon us.  And in the Crawford household, we are breathing in and out a collective sigh of relief.  Life can begin again.  Errbody, get yo' Dawgs UP!

4.  God is teaching me a serious lesson in being thankful.  I'm reading a book that is really helping with this.  I hope to write more on it later.  In the meantime, Jesus continues to be my BFF although I'll never deserve His friendship. 

5.  The Olympics are over.  The Olympics were awesome.  The Opening Ceremony was weird.  The Closing Ceremony was better.  Now, we get to look forward to all of the presidential campaign television material.  (Insert eye roll here.)

I wish I had more riveting reading material than this.  But I'm doing good these days to roll out of bed and take care of these people who keep calling me 'mom.' I can't even promise that I remember to brush my teeth.  My husband loves this about me right now.

Just keepin' it real, folks!
Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment